CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5

Even the Doctor was Impressed!





As many of you know, we had Mason's 2 month check-up yesterday and that was a very tramatic experience. Maybe more for me than Mason, but none the less, it was rough. The good thing is, he has probably already forgotten what pain he was in yesterday. Anyway, today has been much better; things are looking up for us at the Perkins' house. I cannot believe what a chunk he has become! I like to use the term "healthy", but we have to admit that he is just a chunky monkey! He is the cutest chunky monkey I have ever seen! He is now 14.6 lbs., up from his 7.0 birth weight. At least we know he is growing in length too. He is now 24 inches long, up from 20.5 at birth. Dr. Wiley has not looked at the growth chart yet to tell us the percentages he is in for his height and weight, but we are guessing right up near the top. I do agree that Mason will take after his dad. Which I think will make him feel good because in the beginning of Mason's life (only 2 months ago), Mike was concerned that he might not be the actual father. How could he think a thing like that. (Disclaimer: He was just kidding. There is no way that he is NOT the father.) Everyone was saying that he resembled me more in the beginning, but now the tables have turned and he is resembling Mike more. Thank goodness, Mike is now totally convinced that he is in fact the father! Like he ever really doubted it. Here is to 2 months down and 10 more to go until 1 year old!

4 comments:

Julie said...

rach, he's precious! and, how in the world michael could have ever doubted, i'll never know! ;) mason is certainly his father's son! he looks just like him!

but, no matter what, he's absolutely precious! and, there are no babies cuter than chunky babies!

looks like you two are doing a good job! of course, we all knew you would!

(just for future reference, this is julie. my blogger nickname is jules.)

love you, rach!

Estee said...

Rae,
I can't believe how big he is getting! Night and day difference from Christmas. I am going to visit Al. You should come out to Dallas! We could do lunch...PF Changs?! Miss you guys...all four!
E

Melody said...

Oh my gosh, Rach. First of all, he looks JUST like Mike! It cracks me up! I can't wait to squeeze and love on him in a week! Love you!

Melody said...

P.S. Your fat baby is in the 95th percentile in weight and length :)